Sunday, June 10, 2012

Easy Tags Made from Scrapbooking Supplies

Follow Me on Pinterest

Make your own gift or, in my case, garment tags

I'm ramping up for a craft show and the first part of the production has consisted of making tags for my wares. To say I'm a detail oriented person is an understatement.

I'm not a scrapbooker, so I didn't have much of the supplies on hand. To make these tags, I went out and purchased:
  • Scrapbook Paper in 3 different colors (red, pearl silver and pearl white)
  • Silver foil labels (I used 1.5" squares)
  • Glue stick
  • 1/2" double sided mounting tape
  • Ribbon (I used 1/8" wide cut into 4" strips)
  • Paper hole punch
Putting the tag together
  1. I printed an image with information on TNT onto the silver label but if you are making a gift tag maybe print something appropriate for the occasion (tree for Christmas, Balloons for birthday, fireworks for 4th of July, etc). 
  2. Cut a 1.75" square cut from the white paper and apply the silver label.
  3. Cut a 3" x 2.25" rectangle from red paper. Round the corner if you like.
  4. Cut 2" square from silver paper and then glue to red rectangle.
  5. Apply 3/4" piece of mounting tape to silver square.
  6. Then place label square made in step 2 on top by removing the top paper piece from mounting tape to expose the other sticky side
  7. Punch hole on top
  8. Add ribbon and knot (for a gift tag, punch 2 holes to tie a bow instead)

No comments:

Post a Comment