Make your own gift or, in my case, garment tags
I'm ramping up for a craft show and the first part of the production has consisted of making tags for my wares. To say I'm a detail oriented person is an understatement.
- Scrapbook Paper in 3 different colors (red, pearl silver and pearl white)
- Silver foil labels (I used 1.5" squares)
- Glue stick
- 1/2" double sided mounting tape
- Ribbon (I used 1/8" wide cut into 4" strips)
- Paper hole punch
- I printed an image with information on TNT onto the silver label but if you are making a gift tag maybe print something appropriate for the occasion (tree for Christmas, Balloons for birthday, fireworks for 4th of July, etc).
- Cut a 1.75" square cut from the white paper and apply the silver label.
- Cut a 3" x 2.25" rectangle from red paper. Round the corner if you like.
- Cut 2" square from silver paper and then glue to red rectangle.
- Apply 3/4" piece of mounting tape to silver square.
- Then place label square made in step 2 on top by removing the top paper piece from mounting tape to expose the other sticky side
- Punch hole on top
- Add ribbon and knot (for a gift tag, punch 2 holes to tie a bow instead)