Friday, July 6, 2012

Wood Letter Plaques

Follow Me on Pinterest

Great photo prop or even as a wall hanging

As you might be able to tell by my previous Tutu post, I love celebrating my children's birthdays! I especially have fun designing custom party invites. The mission for my little girls' birthday party invite was to scream pink, pink, pink and that she's turning 1. For the invite I took some pictures of her in the pink tutu onesie and for an added splash of cute, I made these lettered oval wooden plaques - an "O", "N" and "E". I tried to get a picture of her holding each separately. I had all the supplies except for the wood plaques, so again, a pretty thrifty project.

Here's what you need to round up:
  • Wooden Plaque(s) - These were 5" x 7" oval shaped found at Wal-Mart for .97 cents each
  • Fabric - Enough to cover one side of the plaque(s)
  • Mod Podge
  • Foam Brush
  • Glue bottle
  • Foam - Enough for the letter(s)
  • Picture hanging strips - Optional depending on what the use will be
Easy as 1, 2, 3...4...and 5. But still super easy :)
  1. Place plaque on wrong side of fabric - trace and cut out
  2. Smear decoupage on plaque and place fabric, right side up, on top. Press and apply more decoupage right on top if it doesn't look like it's adhering. The fabric will look a bit white, but no worries, it dries clear.
  3. While the decoupage dries, trace letters onto the foam and cut out.
  4. To make sure that the fabric doesn't fray, I ran a strip of glue around the edges, and it dried clear. 
  5. Get the decoupage back out and brush onto the back of the letter and press onto fabric covered plaque. 
There you have it - a cute prop or wall hanging!

No comments:

Post a Comment