Thursday, July 19, 2012

Carving Out Mommy Free Time

Follow Me on Pinterest

Oops I did it again... 

Over committed myself that it is! Deciding to do a craft show just seven weeks before the event is not a good choice - kind of stressful and takes away from the enjoyment I usually get from sewing. This post isn't the usual topic of this blog, but I'm certain that I'm not the only mom feeling this way. 

I read the short but helpful article How 5 Busy Moms Carve Out Free Time and found some of the suggestions helpful and practical to implement in my routine. I particularly like to idea of reserving one or two days of PTO to pamper myself - get a massage, read a book, pump out a sewing project, BUT I struggle with feeling a bit guilty for taking time for myself. 

In Dr. Phil's 4 Step Priority Plan for Mothers he says it's not selfish to make yourself a priority, so I'm going to work on that. On the bright side of things, I'm thankful to have steps 3 and 4 (discover your passions and gain support of your family) pretty well established!

No comments:

Post a Comment