Our breakfast this morning was so yummy that I wanted to pass along some recommendations you might want to try.
The pancakes were from an Allrecipes.com post. I once made them when my nephew visited, and he declared them to be the BEST pancakes he's ever had! Ok, so he's only 9, but still... They freeze and reheat well, so when I make a batch, I change the serving to 16 for extras. Here's the pin for the recipe on my Pinterest page.
For our 7th wedding anniversary my husband and I stayed at a great B&B. We were served pancakes with an orange sauce topping that was to die for. I wanted more pancakes just so I could have more sauce! The hostess was so kind as to share her recipe which I can now pass on to you! If you try it, I would love to hear your reviews, so check back!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- dash salt
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/3 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a saucepan on the stove mix together the sugar, cornstarch, and salt and stir.
- Add the boiling water, again stirring over medium-high heat until the sauce is thickened.
- Add the orange juice concentrate and bring to a boil.
- Remove from the stove and stir in the butter.
5Recipe should make about 1 cup of orange sauce.